May 5, 2011

My faith in 'Gentleman' kind has been restored

Yes I am indeed a fan of the 'tougher' sex once again. After several years of stuggling with boxes and linens at work while the 'male' sex walks on by, doing something close to nothing, I had lost all faith in the term 'gentleman.' However,'the man', gave me a chance to see men in a whole new light. The story goes as follows: He climbs on my roof to take my cooler panels off. He throws me the cooler belt and says, 'you need a new one, oh, and while you're at it, get new wiper blades for your car. The book will tell you what size.' 'Okkkkkk....' So after work I run to 'Home Depot.' Cooler pads were no problem [done that before] but the size on the belt..it was not readable [even WITH my glasses] I ask a associate for help, he is ever so sweet. He even goes so far as to take it out the package just to be sure. [I think HE could read the size on the old belt] Good experience! On to Walmart. I looked FOREVER for the brand of scratch cover I was told to get. FINALLY I see it [right infront of me:[ On to wiper blades. This is where it gets tough. Yes indeed, the BOOK did have my car year. It DID give me a size. Well actually TWO. Oh no. Do I have TWO different size blades, do the come ONE to a package...are there different sizes for different brands? I am sooooooo lost. I see am associate I have dealt with before [electronics, NOT automotive] he was ever so sweet but wasn't sure if I had the right sizes. So here I am , walking through Walmart looking for a 'man' any man, to help me. I kept looking for someone with a girl [so it wouldn't be presumed that I was attempting to flirt], everytime I saw a likely one, either the girl gave me a look of 'dislike' or the guy started speaking 'SPANISH' Damn! And then, like a light in the dark, I saw a familiar face. Oh yes, an old Bishop. He was ever so helpful. I now feel so renewed about the goodness of men and there williness to help a 'lady' in distress. So if ever you're in a store with your 'significant other' and some 'strange' lady keeps staring at you..be nice...let her 'pick his brain'...she probably needs the help AND is SOMEBODYS mother.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

oh that's cute and very sweet.

Jim said...

Or Microsof Microsoft office 2007 enterprise or perhaps The united states on line revealed the exact patents in the deal. A couple weeks in the past, when, patent-research firm Take into consideration Ip analyzed over 500 Office 2007 downlaod patents shipped to AOL and discovered, unjustifiably to say, than a massive part correspond with i'm plus e-mail technology. Substitute patents correspond with your forefox browser, google and bing, Microsoft Office 2010 Standard along with media programs executive.